April 28, 2007

Weekend Reflection


I thank the Lord for a blessed week!
  • Monday--I stayed home with my girls and prepared a couple of boxes to send to soldiers that have been deployed. I don't know these soldiers personally. I have a friend whose husband is deployed and she mentioned that there are many soldiers that don't receive letters/packages from people very often. So, my family got some names and have started to send packages to them to tell them how much we appreciate what they are doing for us. I got a letter from one of the soldiers. It ends up that he lives pretty close to us and said that our package meant very much to him. That just made my day when I read that!
  • Tuesday--Work day! My husband took his final and did very well! He ended up with an "A" in his class overall! I am very proud of him.
  • Wednesday--Work day! I had to attend a staff meeting at lunch that we have once a month.
  • Thursday--Work day! A few colleagues and I went to eat at a local "home cooking" type of restaurant in the town where I work. It was wonderful. I ordered a vegetable plate of green beans, baked beans, mashed potatoes with gravy and corn casserole. It also came with a yeast roll and tea! It was wonderful! I had to bring some of it home! I also sent the packages to the soldiers today! My mother-in-law came home with me for the weekend because we are having our nephew's birthday party this weekend. He is turning 15.
  • Friday-I spent the day with my girls, husband and mother-in-law. We went to eat at Zaxby's and went shopping for our nephew's birthday gift (fishing rod and reel). My sister-in-law and her children came to spend a couple of nights.
  • Saturday--We had the birthday party today. We grilled hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken.

Things I'm Thankful for This Week:

1. I'm thankful I was able to get the packages to the soldiers sent off. I want so much to be a blessing to them since they are doing so much for my family and our country.

2. I'm thankful that my husband did so well on his final and ended up with an "A" for his final grade in his class.

3. I'm thankful that we had a good birthday party for my nephew. He is a special young man and deserves to have a wonderful birthday!

I hope everyone had a great week! For more Weekend Reflections, visit Judi at Mommy of Two .

post signature

7 comments:

Annie said...

Sounds like a great week Mandalyn, that is so thoughtful of you to make the care packages for the soldiers and I am sure they are blessed by them!
♥, Annie

Sonya said...

Great week! I'm glad! We are grilling tonight...actually, that's what I should be doing right now! LOL!

Robin Green said...

I didn't know you were doing that for soldiers--How very thoughtful! Sounds like a good week at your house--hope T had a great birthday! I can hardly believe it--they have grown up right before our eyes!

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! veggie plates are always my favorite when we go to a home cookin' kinda place! :o)

How kind of you to *give back* to the military men/women! Our guys/gals will appreciate it, I'm sure! :o)

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous week! I am so thrilled to hear about the packages you sent to the soldiers. Can you let me know how I can get involved in that? I hope you have another great week this week! Oh, and a big CONGRATS to the hubby!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to send those packages! I am sure you will really lift their spirits! Glad you had such a good week! Also, I am so impressed your daughter caught fish! I was a very impatient child. I wouldn't sit still long enough to catch anything!

nancy said...

I love the fish!! Your are a busy mom!! I hope you come to visit often and I will be back..i Swear.