April 18, 2007

A Marriage/Wedding Meme

I saw this on Tammy's site and thought it looked fun!

1. Where/How did you meet? We met at church camp.

2. How long have you known each other? 11 years in June

3. How long after you met did you start dating? Maybe a week or two. We went to the church banquet together right after meeting.

4. How long did you date before you were engaged? 1 year

5. How long was your engagement? 1 year, 2 months

6. How long have you been married? 9 years in August

7. What is your anniversary? August 1, 1998

8. How many people came to your wedding reception? Around 200

9. What kind of cake did you serve? Yellow cake with buttercream frosting (my favorite)

10. Where was your wedding? Greenwood, MS

11. What did you serve for your meal? We just had different types of party food

12. How many people were in your wedding party? 4 bridesmaids/groomsman

13. Are you still friends with them all? I don't see or talk to most of them. Isn't that sad?

14.Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? No

15. Most special moment of your wedding day? My husband & I took pictures before the ceremony so we could visit with the people who attended at the reception. Right before we took pictures, we took a few minutes for just the two of us to reflect on what we were about to do.

16.Any funny moments? Our nephew, the 4 year old Bible bearer, had to wear pants that were too long. While we knew he was pulling up the leg of the pants, it looked like he kept trying to pull out a wedgie.

17. Any big disasters? None, thank goodness!

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Gatlinburg, TN

19. How long were you gone? 1 week

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? I wouldn't be so worried about the details of the wedding and would focus more on the committment I was about to make.

21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? Right side

22. What size is your bed? Queen but I would LOVE a king

23. Greatest strength as a couple? Not holding on to grudges. We work things out and don't let them go on and on forever.

24. Greatest challenge as a couple? agreeing on the money (or lack of) :)

25. Who literally pays the bills? I do

26. What is your song? Endless Love

27. What did you dance your first dance to? We don't really dance.

28. Describe your wedding dress. It was a white, empire dress with small train--very simple but classy.

29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? White and burgandy silk roses with greenery.

30. Are your wedding bands engraved? No

31. How old were you when you got married? 19 (really young--but God sent me the right one)

Okay, I'm gonna tag Carrie , Annie & Gail. I'm looking forward to learning more about you!!

10 comments:

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

Hey...I liked reading about you and your husband! It's always so fun! If you want me to do a cute fun header for the top of your page, I can. I don't charge anything right now, I'm just fiddling around. Let me know!

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

Okay, here's what I want you to do. Go to http://ikeagoddess.blogspot.com/

This page shows OODLES of free digital scrapbooking kits. Some are just tempates, but some are kits. Look through them, and see if there is anyone that you LOVE! Underneath each of her posts, she lists the site they are from. So, if you find one that you LOVE, send it to me and then I can download it for FREE. My email...jennisajoy@juno.com

YIPPIE! This is exciting!

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

one more thing. After you get to the bottom of the first page, you can click on "older posts" and there will be more. Also, check out this site http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/digitalKits.asp
Scroll down a tad, and on the left hand side it says "FREE KITS" Look through them, and if one jumps out at you, chances are, I already have it downloaded on my comp. already! Just let me know!

Robin Green said...

This was fun--I enjoyed reading it--I don't think I knew all this. I'm so glad you are my friend, too.

Annie said...

Thanks for the tag, this will be a trip down memory lane :o).
Sweet answers, sounds like a marriage made in heaven ♥
Annie

Tammy said...

Hi Mandalyn! I'm so glad you decided to do this! It was fun getting to know you this way...
We have being the mommy of two little girls in common...(Though I got started on the late side and am a much older mommy!) Your two little ones are SO precious!
Thanks for stopping by and wishing my "baby" a happy 5th birthday! :)
Blessings!

gail@more than a song said...

I saw the tag! Can't get to it today and I'm thinking about it for tomorrow but some of those questions are hard! I might just write a little something and include some of them but not do all the questions.

Annie said...

I got mine done.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your answers. So sweet! :o)

Thanks for the tag. I'm gonna do it sometime this week. My heart is very fragile when it comes to this subject. So, I may not be able to answer all of the questions. There are some things I like to keep tucked close to my own heart. :o)

Anonymous said...

very neat. I enjoyed reading your answers!