April 3, 2007

That's Life!

We woke up as we usually do on any morning I have to work. My youngest woke up to eat, I changed her diaper, washed my hair, fixed our breakfasts, loaded the car, dried my hair and waited until right before time to leave to wake my oldest daughter up. I took my oldest to the bathroom (you know, the whole potty training thing), put both kids in the car, gave her a sippy cup of milk and cinnamon toast, and, wouldn't you know it.......my car wouldn't crank!!! I'm talking the poor, old hoopty is dead--ka-put!!

I just had to laugh! Oh well, I'm gonna be optimistic here and look for things to be thankful for:

1. I get to spend an extra day at home playing with my girls!
2. I can trust the Lord to provide the finances for the missed day at work!
3. I already have my car packed to go for tomorrow!:)

6 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

Ooh, lookng for things to be thankful for, very good! Something I have to remind myself to do at times!

Anonymous said...

You have the right attitude! Making the best out of a bad situation is something so many people can't do. I hope you enjoy your day off!

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry!! Anything we can do for you? You're right, God will provide somehow, someway, and we'll need to read about that here!
And, per JennaG's earlier post, are you guys coming for sure on Easter?

Anonymous said...

I am sorry this happened, but you are having a wonderful attitude about it! I hope it can be fixed soon!

Robin Green said...

Mandalyn Pollyanna--yep, that sounds right! Glad you got to spend the day at home with the girls! Sorry about the car.

Anonymous said...

That's the spirit! And I know God will provide the finances for the lost wages. He always provides!