April 15, 2007

Weekend Reflection


This was a good but busy week. It just went by way too fast!
  • Monday--I spent the day at home with my girls cleaning the house for my parents coming Wednesday night. Although cleaning is not my favorite thing to do, I felt very productive when I finished.
  • Tuesday--Work day! I was pretty tired today so I decided to spend the night at my mother-in-law's house. My sweet sister-in-law spent the night as well and took night duty with my 6 month old. Other than sleeping with my 2 year old (who flip-flops all night long), I had a restful night and did not have to get up as early to go to work. That was a nice change!
  • Wednesday--Another work day! I was excited today waiting on my parents to come. Tonight was a late night. My parents didn't get to my house until almost 11:00 pm. My two year old wouldn't go to sleep due to anticipation. I can't help but build up their coming to her but this is usually what happens--she stays up until they get to our house. I usually put her to bed but she never goes to sleep and I end up just going to get her. Oh well, anticipation is part of the fun!!:)
  • Thursday--I went to work while my parents stayed home with my girls! It's good for them to have their own time with them without my husband and I around. This is the day my husband left to go to a conference in Nashville.
  • Friday--My girls & I drove to our hometown today with my parents so they could open a bank account before they move. While we were there, we looked at a lot my parents are interested in building a house on. While over there, we went to eat at one of our favorite places to eat, a local Mom & Pop place. I got my favorite meal there--Smoked Chicken platter with baked beans and garlic bread!!
  • Saturday--We drove back over to our hometown for my niece's 13th birthday party. It was a lot of fun! While there, we went back to the lot for my parents to look at again! I cannot wait until they move here! I look forward to being closer to them and seeing them more often.

What I'm Thankful for This Week:

1. I'm thankful that my parents came! It always feels nice when family is together!

2. I'm thankful my niece had a great birthday party!13 is an important age. My husband & I want to be around to see her grow up and encourage her to be the person God plans on her to be!

3. I'm thankful my husband enjoyed his trip but I'm even more thankful that he's coming home! I have definetly missed him!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just smiling that your daughter slept with flip-flops! It reminds me of my two year old! Glad you had so much fun with family!

Sharon said...

I like how you have your reflection laid out, and that you include a special thankful section. I've seen a few of these done, but yours really impressed me! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I now have you on RSS feed. Question: would you mind if I put you on my AG blog roll? Blessings! ~Sharon

gail@more than a song said...

A full week! Sounds good though and I like that you mentioned things you're thankful for.
Are your parents moving to where you are now or will they move to where you used to live in MS because I thought maybe you were moving back there when school was done.

Jenny said...

You had a good week. And I'm glad you had your parents while hubby was gone. Miss you....

Sharon said...

Yes, you may add me to your blog roll as well. Thank you! To answer your question...RSS feed. When you post something new, it sends "feed" letting your subscribers know content has been updated. It's kinda like how some emails have alerts to let you know you have email. It's a way of letting regular readers know something new has been posted without having to check it everyday, only when something is new. Google has one, bloglines is a popular one, but I use IE7's. :0) Here's are some links for the before mentioned readers. http://www.google.com/reader/view/
http://www.bloglines.com/
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx

Anonymous said...

Great week! Isn't it nice when family comes?! Glad y'all had a nice time!

Annie said...

Lots to be thankful for!
Sounds like a week full of blessings.
♥ annie

Shawna said...

Looks like an awesome week!! I'm glad you had a great week with your family!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds fabulous! Your daughter sounds like a hoot! I hope you have a very blessed week this week as well!

Robin Green said...

Great week! I hated to miss C's b-day party. We wanted to come, but had to be in JX. We have a gift for her and didn't get it to her yesterday! It's perfectly fine that you sat in my rocker on my front porch! I would like to be home next time so that I could sit in the other rocker! I can't believe your oldest slid down that dirty slide! My kids hardly ever touch it anymore! Talk at ya later!

eph2810 said...

Yes, it is awesome to have parents close by. It sounds like you had a wonderful week :)...

BTW - we are 'meeting' every week for Thankful Thursdays at Sting my Heart...If you like, stop by this up-coming Thursday and leave your link :)

Blessings to you and yours.