April 2, 2007

Anybody Else Up?

So, I'm writing on my blog at 1:30 am. You might ask why? Simply said, I'm up because my daughter is up. This time it's my 6 month old. Yes, she still wakes up to eat, but this time, she WON'T go back to sleep! She's in her room, at this very moment, laughing and playing with her pacifiers and stuffed bunny! I'm not sure why she decides to be so awake at 1:30 am. It couldn't be that ENORMOUS POOP that she just blessed me with, could it? She has become so loud that I'm doing everything within my power to keep her from waking our 2 year old (their bedrooms are next to each other). I've described in my Weekend Reflection what happens to my oldest when she is sleep deprived.

We have difficulty enough getting our 2 year old to go to sleep. Lately, she makes guilt tripping comments when we are putting her to bed such as "Don't leave me" and "I sleep in the bed with Mommy & Daddy".

Honestly, what sweeter ways to spend your nights (and early mornings) than to hear such sweet laughter and see such beautiful grins! It's amazing how you can be so smitten, even at 1:30 in the morning! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh, love those midnight poops. lol..

Robin Green said...

What? Me? Up at 1:30? I don't think so. I wasn't up at 8:30 today. I needed to catch up and I didn't get up until 9:00! Sorry you lost sleep, but, at least, you are home today!

Robin Green said...

perhaps the bananas were a little too ripe?

Anonymous said...

Oh the joy. LOL! It's hard to make myself remember that they are only this little for a short time so even the midnight poops should be enjoyed! LOL! I know what you mean about being smitten even in the middle of the night. It's hard not to be!

terri said...

When my kids were about that age I had small fans in their rooms.

They had different naptimes.

The fans provided white noise that drowned out all the noise from the rest of the house and the other sibling's loud playing...or temper tantrum, depending on the day.

Just a little mom tip.