April 21, 2007

Weekend Reflection


The Lord blessed me with a good week.
  • Monday--I stayed home with my girls that morning while my husband went to clinicals. That afternoon, we went shopping at Sam's. I LOVE shopping there (I'm sure I've mentioned that many times before):)
  • Tuesday--Work day! The girls and I stayed at my mother-in-law's house. I've found that it helps me to avoid the drive home and back to work one time during the week.
  • Wednesday--Work day! Once a month, we have birthday lunch at work. The employees that have birthdays that month get to pick the menu. This time it was chili dogs! It was a fun lunch.
  • Thursday--Work day! On my lunch break, I went and bought a Mother's Day present for my mom. I like to shop early!
  • Friday--I love Fridays because I know I get to spend time at home with my family for a few days. After my husband came home, he took my oldest outside with him to do yard work and I fixed our supper--"breakfast". I love to have breakfast for supper. We had pancakes, eggs and turkey bacon.
  • Saturday--Today, we are hanging out at home. Tonight, my husband is taking me to dinner and a movie! I'm so excited!!

Things I'm Thankful For This Week:

1. I'm thankful that I've finished all my shopping for Mother's Day and am happy with what I picked out for my mom and my mother-in-law!

2. I'm thankful that, Friday night, my husband got to come home, spend some time working outside and playing with the girls. Yard work is relaxing to him. He very rarely gets to do anything relaxing since he has begun graduate school. He finishes in December and we are definetly looking forward to that!

3. I'm thankful that my husband and I are going to get to spend some time alone tonight. We're going to have a quiet dinner together and go see a movie. We both really need it! It will be refreshing for us!

For more Weekend Reflections, visit Judi at Mommy of Two .

10 comments:

Robin Green said...

Wow, you are quick on the whole Mother's day thing. Good job! I don't usually buy anything--just send cards. If we are going to see them in person, I will buy something. Great reflection--glad you had such a nice week.

Sonya said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I love spending time with my hubby and I am very fortunate that he works from home and is home 5 days out of 7. As for Mother's Day, I hear ya' girl! I usually shop the week before. You are on the ball!

Annie said...

What did you pick out Mandalyn? I'm stumped. I got really good things last year and I'm having trouble topping that!
Sounds like a great week for you!

Annie said...

Do you just want it to say
"Mandalyn" or anything with it?
Reply to this comment and I'll reply to you with the code and instructions.

Anonymous said...

Nice week!! Glad you have something to look forward to today! Hope your night out was extra special!

Annie said...

I have your code to plug in and see how it looks, email me and I'll send it to you.
anniepettigrew@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful date night! Good for you for being on the ball with Mother's Day. I have my mom's, but not my mother-in-law's. I guess I better get busy on that!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I had not even begun to think of Mother's Day until now! Sounds like a good week. I am sort of jealous of the dinner and a movie date. Maybe I will get one soon! I hope you have many blessings this week too! :)

gail@more than a song said...

Sounds like a good week! You're organized to be done with Mother's day already, good job.

Hope the date was fun! You'll have to tell what you saw!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, what a wonderful happy sounding week! Sounds like you stay so busy :)

I love shopping at Sam's too. There's just two of us, but that doesn't stop me from buying huge quantities of some things, LOL!

We have breakfast for supper a lot. At least once a week. Eggs, turkey bacon, biscuits, pancakes or waffles, we love it all :)

Wow, wanna come do my Mother's Day shopping?! Good for you :)

P.S., hope you post about the date for dinner and a movie. Hope you guys had fun!!!