April 5, 2007

Family Miracle

I wanted to share with you what God has done for our family! We say God has performed a miracle for us. It's not a miracle like you are thinking, but God has worked what we thought was unimaginable. My IRL friends have already heard this, but they can amuse me again!:)

A year after I got married, God decided to move my parents to Baton Rouge, LA. This is about 6 hours away from where my husband & I are living. I am an only child so this was hard for our family! We were thankful that God had provided my dad with a job but hated to be so far away from each other.

This became worse on us when my husband & I found out I was pregnant with my oldest daughter. My parents were happy but were disappointed because they were going to be so far away from their grandchildren. We had always prayed that God would move them closer, but this is when we REALLY started praying and EXPECTING God to do something. We began relying on a scripture in Ephesians.

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Ephesians 6:13

We knew that we were doing all we could do by praying and believing. We knew that God wanted us to just STAND and WAIT.

The job that God gave my dad in LA was not one that he enjoyed. He has sent resumes to every company he could find that was closer to home and within his field. What we didn't know was that the job that my dad was miserable in was preparing him for what was coming! About a month ago, a man called my dad about a job that he NEVER applied for. This man just happened to look on a web site and see that my dad belonged to a certain committee and thought he would call him.

My dad took the new job and is now able to work out of his home and live anywhere he wants. Needless to say, he and my mom have put their house up for sale and are moving by us!!!!! We are so thrilled and feel so blessed! We never thought that it would take 8 years of consistent praying but God heard our prayers that whole time and kept telling us to STAND, WAIT and BE AMAZED!

As I'm writing this, I'm thinking of Annie and her family and how they are forming a nightly prayer chain on Izzy's behalf! Annie, know that God hears your prayers! Your prayers and faith are all you can offer! After that, you have to stand and wait to see what GREAT things God is going to do!! We are all praying with you!

8 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks for sharing this Mandalyn. I remind myself many times a day that God has always worked things out in our lives and that He will answer our prayers in His time, and in His way, but better than I could have planned or predicted.
I'm so glad that your prayers are coming to fruition.
blessings~
Annie

Jessica said...

WOW that's amazing and wonderul! I am very close to my family and I know how much it means. So true, prayers are answered in His timing....

Robin Green said...

We're excited too! And, we're leaving now--see you Sunday!

Jenny said...

So excited!! You know this means adult nights out WITH MOI AND MY DH!!! ;) (And we can ask JennaG and her dh to go too! Ha!!!!)

Jenny said...

Is that how you spell "me" in French??? Don't you just love how I comment and then comment some more???

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! I am happy for you. I understand the difficulties of having parents/grandparents far away. My parents moved to CA one year ago. They have two more years to go before they come back to TN. We are counting the days! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh how wonderful! I'm so happy for your family. What a blessing!!

gail@more than a song said...

Neat story! I haven't moved but my kids have moved far from us and I wish we lived closer; but I've prayed that they would move closer to me, wonder if they pray for me/us to move closer to them!h