May 19, 2007

Weekend Reflection


The Lord has blessed us this week. We've had sickness in our household but we are on the mend!
  • Monday--My girls started getting sick over the weekend so I had to take both of them to the pediatrician. They were both given a decongestant and cough syrup.
  • Tuesday--Suppose to be a work day but my oldest woke up with 101 temperature, shrivering all over and vomiting. I stayed home with the girls and tried to nurse her back to health. We had a very good day (as long as her temperature was down) and I really enjoyed the extra time with them.
  • Wednesday--Typical work day! On the way home, my oldest vomited all over herself in my car! She was so upset over it and her mama felt bad for her!
  • Thursday--My oldest (obviously not getting any better) woke up with 101.5 degree temperature. I called my boss and told her I would be coming in late. I had planned on taking my youngest to the babysitter's house and then taking my oldest to the doctor so I wouldn't have to carry both of them and all the stuff that comes with 2 children. My oldest, however, got very upset that the youngest wouldn't be going. I thought it was so sweet that she wanted her sister with her that I took them both.:) I'm a softy. ;) After much workup, it was determined that my oldest had an ear infection in the right ear and the beginnings of pneumonia.
  • Friday--Our niece came home with me on Thursday night so we got to spend quality time with her on Friday. It was a nice day! However, my husband came home sick with fever. I guess we're passing it through the house! I'm praying I don't get it!!!
  • Saturday--Today, I'm going to a wedding. My co-worker is getting married about 1 3/4 hours away. Another colleague and I are going to meet there. It's a long way, but I'm looking forward to the drive by myself and the time without kids for a change. I love 'em but sometimes I need a break! That time is now!

3 Things I'm Thankful For This Week:

  1. My daughters and husband are on the mend! Thank the Lord!
  2. I haven't gotten the "bug" going around our house!
  3. My parents are moving within 1 hour of us next weekend! (more babysitters--yeah!)

I hope everyone else had a great weekend, free of sickness!


post signature

10 comments:

Annie said...

Glad to hear your crew is on the mend, I hear you about getting away alone! Hope you have a relaxing drive and enjoy the wedding. I always feel like crying at weddings...
If you lived closer I would show you how to french braid! :o)

Robin Green said...

I'm so glad all is about back to normal at your house. I hope you had a good time at the wedding.

Corrie said...

Hope you stay well! I usually dodge illnesses from the fam too...I think it's because I subconciously think the whole house would stop working if I got sick...it would probably be just fine though!

Anonymous said...

So glad everyone is starting to feel better. I hope it passes you completely. You have fun at the wedding. I know just how important that little bit of time alone is! We all need it every now and then!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everyone is getting better! I hope you enjoyed the wedding!

Sonya said...

Sorry to hear of the sickness but glad everyone is on the mend. That's so hard and it especially is when you pass it around the house! Glad you had a good week otherwise though. Hope you enjoyed the wedding!

Anonymous said...

I hope your family feels better soon!!

I hope the wedding was a nice break from the sickness at home and you were able to enjoy yourself.

Anonymous said...

Man, what a week! Those times are stressful when you are passing around sickness. I am glad you guys are recovering! I think it's great your family is moving closer! You can never have too many sitters. Hope you have a blessed (and sick free) week this week!

justpassingby said...

Hey there, followed the links back to your blog from your comment at mine...

Your two girls are such sweeties... love the pinky-ness of your blog! It's sweet!!!!

God bless and may the complete healing come real quick...

Marcia Francois said...

Glad to hear everyone is getting better!

I caved in today and had a slice of cake but it was soooo good, it was worth it!