May 15, 2007

Sweet Times


We spent a night at my MIL's house recently because my husband and I both had to work there the next day. My husband has to leave very early to go to work and usually doesn't get to talk to the girls before he leaves. However, as he was opening the door to leave that morning, he woke our oldest daughter up. She opened her eyes and said, "Where you was a going?" (Of course, before we said anything, we had to laugh at her use of semantics.)


My husband and I laid down in the bed with her and explained to her that Daddy had to go to work at the hospital. After talking, she was so tired that she had to close her eyes. I watched as my husband stared at her with an unbelievable amount of love in his eyes. I sat there and thought to myself how sweet it was to watch him, at that moment, be absolutely in love with her.


I'm so thankful to have a husband that is not only head over heels in love with me, but with our precious girls as well!

post signature

7 comments:

Mike said...

My wife took a 4-day vacation recently so she could spend more time with my 4-year old and 1-year old. On the fourth day, my wife told my 4-year old that she had to work the next day.

My 4-year looked at her then said, "You have to go to the office, Mommy."

My wife smiled, very touched that my 4-year old understood.

"You know why?" my 4-year old asked.

"Why?" my wife said.

"Because you have to earn money to buy me toys."

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Robin Green said...

Your girls are very blessed to have two parents that love them so much. I knew you guys were going to be good parents. Thanks for your sweet words about my mom. I miss her. B. did not appreciate your laughter, I'm afraid. He came in the house and went straight to the computer to see what in the world I had done. (He ended up liking it though!)

Annie said...

very sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, isn't that just the sweetest thing ever?!

Jenny said...

I find my dh is alot sexier when he showers our kids with love....he would do good to do it more often ;) Not that he doesn't do it alot..oh, you know what I mean.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Such a sweet post, and you're so right and so very blessed to have a loving husband and partner :)

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

I agree...it's amazing, isn't it?