May 24, 2007

Headed to Baton Rouge

Well, we are headed to Baton Rouge tomorrow (Friday) to move my parents back to central Mississippi! This is a long awaited blessing that only God could make happen! My parents will be living one hour away from us and we are extremely excited about that! My wonderful friend, Coach Jenny , is going to come to my house to spend the night with my girls while we are out of town (her wonderful hubby is traveling with us to help move my parents). My oldest is very excited that "Jen Jen" and her daughter are coming to spend the night. Thanks "Jen Jen"!

Before I leave, JennaG tagged me for a meme! I love memes and am so glad she tagged me. Here are the rules:

Link to name of person that tagged you.
Include state and country you live in.
List top five favorite local restaurants.
Tag 5 other people and let them know they've been tagged.

First of all, I'm a little spooked about the whole internet privacy stuff so I'll only say that I'm in the Deep South of the United States--somewhere in Alabama to be more specific! I'm also only going to mention restaurants that are chains so my exact location isn't given. Sorry--just trying to be careful!:)

Some of our favorite restaurants are:

1. Olive Garden -- We absolutely love their salad and breadsticks. In fact, did you know that you can actually buy their salad dressing? We have done it many times because we love it so much!









2. Chick Fil A-- I know this is fast food but it is also one of our favorites! I also give my business to this restaurant because they close on Sunday so that their employees can attend church.









3. Outback -- This place is great! I love their blooming onion!












4. IHOP (International House of Pancakes) -- Because we love breakfast so much (and even eat it for supper sometimes), we love to eat at this restaurant.










5. Schlotzsky's -- I love their sourdough pizzas and my husband loves their Albuquerque Turkey sandwich!









Now, I tag, Farming Folks , Mo Mhile Gra , Jenileigh's Journey , My Lil Corner of the World , Mom Tu Tu .

post signature

11 comments:

Jenileigh said...

Hey Mandalyn thanks for the tag! I had fun but I have to tell you mine isn't nearly as fancy as yours!
May God Bless You Greatly!

Sonya said...

Thanks for the tag! I'll post mine tomorrow! I hope the move goes well and that you have a good time! It must be very exciting to have your parents moving closer!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ooh, hope you have a safe trip and get everyone moved with ease. I live where they are going, how cool is that! How sweet of CoachJ to stay with your girls, I bet they will all have a blast :)

Love all of those restaurants too, although we don't have an IHOP near me. I haven't been to Schlotsky's in a while, but I always loved everything I got there. Yum, now I'm getting hungry!

Have a safe trip and a wonderful weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

welll, well , well. ...I'll give it a go...but remember, I'm a Canadian girl :)

Sonya said...

Mine listed is posted now! Thanks for the tag!

Anonymous said...

You like alot of the same places I do. :o) Hope y'all have a safe trip! Thanks for the tag. Mine's up now.

gail@more than a song said...

Love Olive Garden.

Have a good weekend with the traveling/moving...know you're excited your parents will be closer!
And I read CoachJ's blog, your girls are gonna be full of sugar when you get back!

Nicole said...

Ah Olive Garden made the list again in this food tag! IHOP looks so good…I am craving for pancakes now!! And the sandwich at Schlotzsky’s looks amazing! Nice pics!

Thanks for doing the tag..I noticed all the ppl you tagged did the meme!! well done!!! Will put all you guys in the updated list of tag doers

velverse said...

Wow... Olive Garden really won the hearts of the people. I can't recall how many already voted for this place!

Outback and IHOP too.. hehehe.. sounds like you seems to get all those nice ones listed. Great job.

Robin Green said...

Believe it or not, the only one I like out of all those is Outback. Thanks for playing along--I enjoyed reading. So glad you got your parents moved. Where are they at?

kristi said...

Ok, I am starving! This is making me hungrier!