May 10, 2007

Goldilocks



My oldest daughter has recently become addicted to the story, "Goldilocks and the Three Bears". My mother got her interested in the story and actually bought her the book a couple of weekends ago. One of the things that my mother incorporated in the story is that "porridge" is "kind of like oatmeal". I thought this was a good way of explaining what porridge is. Of course, now, everything she talks about is "kind of like oatmeal". :)


Tonight, I was in her room, holding her in my lap and hugging her. All of the sudden, she heard my husband making noise in the living room. She asked, "What's Daddy doing"? I told her that he was locking the doors. She looked at me, with a very serious face, and asked, "Locking the doors like Goldilocks"?


It took me a minute to put together what she was saying. I finally realized that she was associating "lock" (as in locking doors) with "lock" (as in Goldilocks). We got tickled at her and just had to laugh.

post signature

4 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

When I was in fifth grade I learned a song version of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. It's a little jazzy, a little funky and a lot of fun. I wish there were a way to teach it to you over the internet, because I'm sure your daughter would love it!

Jenny said...

I still say, I'd like to hear Irritable Mother sing!!
Anyway, that was a cute story!!

Robin Green said...

It was such a nice surprise to see you Wednesday. That girl is so cute--and smart. I'm so glad you are sharing these stories.

HomeSchool Mommy said...

How cute! My five-year old daughter LOVES that story! I've been telling it to her since she was probably a year old and I've always explained "porridge" as oatmeal, too.

Thanks for visiting my site. I'm looking forward to visiting again. It's fun to read cute stories from your kids.