May 6, 2007

Weekend Reflection



I've had a great week. It's been predictable with work but also blessed with travel and time with family.

  • Monday--I stayed home with my girls and did a ton of laundry. This tends to be an all day affair at my house.

  • Tuesday--Work day!! My girls and I stayed at my MIL's house to avoid traveling all 3 days.

  • Wednesday--Work day!! At lunch, I went to buy a wedding present for a colleague. She's not a very good cook, so I decided to go to Hallmark and buy her a recipe book. I've given recipe cards to everyone at work to fill out and fill her recipe book. I thought this would make it a little more personal to have recipes from everyone she works with. I've gotten great recipes so far. I think it will be a great gift. I will share some of the recipes from it later.

  • Thursday--Work day!! I had a haircut appt. at lunch. I missed my last appt. when my car wouldn't start and she couldn't fit me in her schedule again until now. Is she busy or what? I just so happen to use the same stylist as JennaG and CoachJ . Everyone at work was taking a student of ours out to eat Mexican because it was her last day, but I had to miss it to get my hair cut. My hair was looking something like this:

  • Friday--The girls and I woke up, I packed us and we left for my grandparents' house. My husband didn't get to go because he had to work. I took my MIL, niece and nephew with me. After my parents got there, we had a birthday party for my dad. We partied all weekend finishing off 2 cakes and homemade strawberry ice cream. We all enjoyed riding four wheelers, fishing and spending time together.

Things I'm Thankful for This Week:

  1. I'm thankful that I got my friend's wedding present bought and it is turning out to be really nice.
  2. I'm thankful I got my hair cut and I don't look like I'm wearing some kind of bush on my head. :)
  3. I'm thankful we had such a great time at my grandparent's house and that my dad had a great birthday!!

To see more Weekend Reflections, visit Judi at Mommy of Two .


post signature

8 comments:

Annie said...

What a great wedding gift. I am sure it will be appreciated for years to come.
We've been playing beauty shop around here tonight ... I did my own foil highlights (not an easy task let me tell you) and then trimmed emelia's hair. fun fun fun...
Anyway,hope this week is packed full of blessings too.
♥,
Annie

nancy said...

Thanks for the wonderful week in review. I think sometimes it helps to see others. I think your girls are so CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

what a neat idea for a wedding gift! I was so bummed out that you didn't put a picture of your new do up! I have the same problem when I need a hair cut...I look like I have a bush on my head! Ah..the joy of natural curl. Anywho...I hope you have a great week this week!

Robin Green said...

You are so funny--your hair has never looked like that! You are quite lovely! I'm glad you had a good time this weekend--missing you.

Sonya said...

LOL! You're funny. My hair looks like that sometimes too! I think the recipe book sounds great! What a wonderful gift for your friend to treasure. I'm glad you had a good week. Spending time with the grandparents is always a blessing!

Jenny said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! That pic of that dog is hilarious!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I just saw on Jenna's blog how difficult it is to get into your stylist. WOW! Glad you were able to go. Hair appointments are always fun! Have a great Monday!

Anonymous said...

LOL, what a visual! I sure hope your hair didn't look *that* bad, LOL! Glad you had a nice week!