May 14, 2007

Weekend Reflection


I'm late on my Weekend Reflection this time. I've been out of town all weekend and haven't been near a computer--I felt lost!! Here it is:
  • Monday--The weather was BEAUTIFUL so the girls and I spent the day mainly outside. We enjoyed swinging, playing in the sandbox and in the swimming pool. The water was freezing but my oldest had so much fun anyway.
  • Tuesday--Work day! We took a co-worker out to lunch as it was her last day. After work, we had a wedding shower for another speech therapist I work with. She loved the cookbook I made her and that made me happy!
  • Wednesday--Work day again! We stayed at my MIL's house and went to church at our home church. I got to see my dear friends Coach Jenny and JennaG .
  • Thursday--Work day yet again! We took my boss out to lunch for her birthday.
  • Friday--Spent most of the day with my girls. My sweet husband kept the girls for me for a few hours and told me to go get away by myself and watch a movie. He had seen "Spiderman" earlier in the week and recommended it to me. It was actually quite good. I really appreciated the time by myself. It does me a lot of good to have "me" time every now and then!
  • Saturday--We're headed to our hometown to spend the night at my MIL's house for Mother's Day.
  • Sunday--UPDATE: WRITTEN MONDAY--Turns out, after we got to my MIL's house, both of my girls got really sick and we weren't able to go to our home church for Mother's Day. We actually spent the day at my MIL's house wiping snot from both of their noses and listening to them cough up some serious mucous all day and night. (I know that painted a pretty picture--sorry):)

**I actually had to stay at my MIL's house Sunday night to take both of them to the doctor this morning (Monday). We got some medicine so, hopefully, they are on the mend!!

I hope everyone else's week was wonderful. For more Weekend Reflections, visit Judi at Mommy of Two .

post signature

7 comments:

Robin Green said...

You know, I didn't even know you were in town--your mil said you couldn't come because the girls were sick, but I didn't know you were at her house. I hope they are much better today.

Karen Hossink said...

Your work sounds great - lunch dates and showers. Not bad...

I'm glad your hubby encouraged you to take some time away. I KNOW I am a better mom when I have some time to be alone - when no one is calling me MOM. I love'em, but I've got to just be ME sometimes.

Hope the snot dries up soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a way to spend Mother's Day. But ya know, that shows you're a real mommy in every since of the word! (((Hugs)))

Hope the girls feel better!

Jenny said...

yes, please tell the girls we hope they feel so much better soon! and we love y'all.

Anonymous said...

I hope the girls are feeling better!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Sounds like a good week, up until the time your daughters got sick. I hope everyone is better now and you guys have a good week this week :)

Sonya said...

Sorry to hear the girls were sick. I know that makes things hard on all of you. It's tough to watch your little ones be sick. I hope they get over it and the meds help them to feel better real soon!