July 20, 2007

Weekend Reflection

I haven't done a Weekend Reflection in a while. We've been so busy! We've been blessed with health, family and friends! The Lord is good!


  • Monday--This was one of my days off. My mother came over to help me take the girls to Sears to get their pictures taken. My oldest daughter did a great job but my youngest was scared and cried the whole time. We got a few good pictures. You can see a couple of the girls and I on my sidebar.

  • Tuesday--Work day! I enjoyed my day of treating patients! At one point in my career, I had become so discouraged in my work and wasn't enjoying my patients. I prayed that the Lord would give me a heart to love them, see their potential and help them reach it. Since then, the Lord has really helped me build connections with my patients.

  • Wednesday--Work day! The girls and I went to our home church. My oldest is loving her 2 and 3 year old class. I'm enjoying the adult class. Our pastor is teaching on the book of Judges.

  • Thursday--Work day! I met my parents for lunch at a local restaurant that serves good Southern cooking. I enjoyed corn souffle, green beans and fried green tomatoes. For dessert, we shared a large chocolate chip cookie (cooked and served in a cast iron skillet) topped with chocolate chunks, vanilla ice cream, whipped topping and chocolate syrup! It was wonderful! My husband and I were able to put the girls down to bed and enjoy eating supper and watching a movie together. (My husband actually slept through the movie!) :)

  • Friday--I'm off today. After my husband gets off work, we will be going to my parents house. My grandparents are coming over and we will be celebrating my mother-in-law's 72nd birthday tomorrow. She has requested fried chicken (and the fixings) and coconut cake. She is a special woman and we all love her very much!

3 Things I'm Thankful for This Week:


1. My patients and their families. I treat children and adults and have come to love and respect them. Whether it is a stroke, congenital condition or just a speech/language delay, most of my patients' families bring them faithfully to therapy and even work with them at home to help them make progress. They encourage me with their strength!


2. My mother-in-law--She is a wonderful lady! She raised my husband and sister-in-law by herself. (My father-in-law died when my husband was 6.) She never learned to drive and was only educated through the 7th grade. She always trusted the Lord to feed and clothe her children! She is a strong and faithful servant of the Lord!


3. My blogging friends--I've seen a few of my blogging friends actually get to meet IRL. I'm a little jealous (in a good way):) and hope to meet many of you in the future! I read your posts and am encouraged and blessed that the Lord has placed you in my life!


For more Weekend Reflections, visit Judi at Mommy of Two.


post signature

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had a full and fulfilling week.

I am hoping I can find something in a career that will be joyful and rewarding! Glad you have that in yours!

Have a great weekend!

Sonya said...

Sounds like a great week to me! I love that you got to eat that chocolate skillet thingy. I've never had it but have seen it and will have it at some point in my near future! LOL! I LOVE chocolate!

Monkey Giggles said...

Have a wonderful time tonight. Enjoy....Do I every relate to taking the kiddos to get their pictures taken. I had such a terrible time the last time...which was 2 years ago. I just have not had the COURAGE..energy to do it again..haha. I just take lots of home pictures. Have a blessed weekend.

Robin Green said...

I'm glad you had a good week. I hate we didn't get to talk Wednesday. I definitely must know where the skillet cookie is. I have a guess, but I'm not sure.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good week. Your MIL seems like a wonderful person and role model!

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a sweet lady she is.

So glad y'all had a nice week.

Jenny said...

Yeah, I'm like Jenna, but you gotta tell me. So, you're enjoying some good eats today! Maybe I'll see you tomorrow.

Annie said...

It does sound like a good week and I share you "good" jealousy for the meetings of blog friends... someday :o)

Hope your weekend is great too!

Anonymous said...

You did have a good week! What do you do? Are you a speech therapist? Your MIL sounds wonderful! I hope you have a fantastic week this week!

Anonymous said...

What a good week with not to much trauma!! Pictures always bring out the worst in our kid to! I love that you are a home based therapist. I LOVE ours. If you were here I would sign you up quick!

Denise said...

What a good week it sounds like you have. I hope this week is great too! :)