July 14, 2007

Parents Night Out

I haven't written in a quite a few days. After working this week, the hubs and I were blessed when my mom agreed to keep the girls while we drove off for a night away in Birmingham, AL . It was wonderful! When we got there Friday night, we went to eat at Johnny Rockets . My husband thinks they have the best hamburgers! After eating, we went straight to the movies. At 8:00 pm we saw Transformers . My husband had already seen it and highly recommended it. To be honest, I wasn't impressed enough by the trailers to want to see it. However, I'm so glad I went! It was a great movie!! As we were leaving the theater, my husband saw that Oceans 13 was playing at 11:00 pm. Knowing that I had wanted to see it also, he said, "Do you want to stay and see it too?". I said sure and we ended up staying at the movies until 1:30 am. Today, we slept in, went to eat lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and went shopping at The Summit. It was so nice to spend time together. These times really are refreshing for us! We sure were excited to see the girls when we got home!

post signature

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun! I LOVE the Cheesecake Factory!

Robin Green said...

So glad you got time away--sounds like a wonderful time.

jennyhope said...

the snot post is hilarious!!! thank you for the prayer and for stopping by my blog-o-la! That is so great that you and your man got to get some time together. My little punkin is 2 and she is so much fun! you have your hands full!
I live in Pelham, AL. I wanted to go to Johnny Rockets after church and I cant believe you went to see those movies girl I will have to send you with my man to watch those...I cant bear all of that ha ha!!
My daughter is having to work with a speech person since she is 2 and not talking I saw that you did that!!
Anyway, thanks again for the prayer!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad y'all were able to get some time alone. Along with some good eats! Yum!!

Annie said...

Sounds like so much fun! I don't know if I could have stayed awake for two movies though :O)!
Cheesecake factory is so good!
Glad you got some time away & hope you came home renewed & refreshed.

Sonya said...

How cool! This sounds like a wonderful overnight trip! I'm so happy you guys were able to get away! And that wonderful mom of yours! How sweet it was for her to keep your girls! We love movies and so I think being at the movies until 1:30 is awesome!

Karen Hossink said...

Sounds wonderful!
I love those rare occasions when the kids are all being cared for and dh and I can focus on each other. We need that time! I'm glad you two got some.

gail@more than a song said...

Glad you guys had fun! I've heard Transformers was actually pretty good.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous.

I can't believe you were in Birmingham. I was in Tuscaloosa all weekend. You can read why on my weekend reflection post.

:)

Jenny said...

I'm glad you guys got to get away too! I always know where you're going: to the movies! :) We've never been to the Cheesecake Factory; sounds like a road trip to me! :)

Anonymous said...

I live near B'ham and hardly ever get to go to the places you went to...glad y'all had a night out!

We are at the beach right now and I have a 5 yr old asleep on the sofa...so I am surfing (sigh!)

Enjoyed reading!

tonya

Jessica said...

WOW thats a whole lot of fun!!! Glad you guys got to enjoy yourself.