July 6, 2007

The South and BBQ


I don't know if everyone knows this or not, but we Southerners love our BBQ. Now, Deep South BBQ is different than BBQ you might get in North Carolina. North Caroliners (and others I'm sure) like a vinegar based BBQ sauce. You don't get that as much in the Deep South. We like a sweet or tangy BBQ sauce. Tomorrow, we will be enjoying such BBQ at a famous Southern restaurant in AL called Dreamland.


When you sit down, they bring you Sunbeam white bread and their BBQ sauce for dipping. That's it. That's your appetizer.


Their menu is rather simple. Ribs, pork sandwiches, smoked sausage and chicken. You can also order french fries and their WONDERFUL banana pudding.


I will be trying to watch what I eat, but I'm looking forward to enjoying a nice lunch with my family!


I hope everyone else has a wonderful weekend!





post signature

6 comments:

Annie said...

Yum, that looks good. There is a place in downtown OKC that reminds me of that place... the first time I went there they asked if I would like bread. I said sure. They pointed to a 5 gallon bucket full of white bread slices... I passed :o).
The bbq was delish though.
Have a great time!

Robin Green said...

OK--I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah! Us Southerners are very proud of our BBQ! I've lived in all sorts of *southern* spots and had the best of both bbq worlds! I was only in NC for 3 years but that NC bbq isn't nearly as good as the sweet and tangy bbq! MMMMMMM! Good stuff! Y'all enjoy!

Jenny said...

Have a good time eating out! (I'm not jealous of Dreamland-BBQ I can take or leave it!)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

MMMMMM, have a great time! We love our barbecue in this house. There's a lot of bbq "joints" around us and we definitely have our favorites. You're so right, Deep South BBQ is totally unique. And white bread is good stuff :)

Sonya said...

Up here in TN, we like our ketchup based BBQ! In my opinion, sweet and tangy is te only way to go! This place sounds wonderful and I think I'd be in heaven with the Sunbeam and bbq dipping! It doesn't get any better than that! Oh, I want to eat here one day!