July 25, 2007

Today, I'm Just Sad

I wanted to write something today but was having trouble getting in the mood. I'm just sad. A friend of mine that works at the hospital with me went through in-vitro to become pregnant. She was so excited to find out that she was expecting triplets. Not long ago, she found out she was going to be having 3 boys. Two days ago (at 19 weeks gestation), she found out that they had died. Not only did she lose all 3 babies, she had to be induced to deliver them. She delivered at 6:30 am today, but she won't be able to take home her babies. I just hurt for her. I know that God knows all and that He is completely sovereign. I believe that with all of my heart! My heart still aches for her when I think about what a loss she must feel.

Since I heard about this, I have thought about the blessings that I don't always remember...fertility and the ability to carry a baby full-term. So many women struggle with this and how, I know, they must ache for a child. The Lord has blessed me with two healthy babies! I can't thank Him enough!

Lord, bless the women (and their husbands), who are struggling with infertility. Work YOUR will out in their life because you are GOD and you know what is best for them. Give them strength, hope and, most importantly, reveal your love for them so that those that don't know you will learn what an awesome God you really are. I don't know how they cope with these situations without You!


post signature

10 comments:

Monkey Giggles said...

Please pass on the your friend...that I will be praying for her today.

Annie said...

Very sad.
I'll pray for her too.

Anonymous said...

How sad! I can't even imagine how difficult that would be!

Rochelle said...

Ok. I am tearing buckets over here. This is the first time I have come across your blog, and I just said a prayer for your friend. Infertility is a very real subject for me and my husband. We tried so many things, and I remember the heart ache and rejection I felt. Seven and a half years ago God blessed us with a baby. We adopted her from Micronesia. Even though we have our "baby" now, the real life struggles of infertility have never left the forefront of my mind. Thank you for this post and validating the pain.

Corrie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I am counting my blessings too. I pray that God will use you as a comfort to this young woman in her darkest hour.

Oldqueen44 said...

My heart breaks for your dear friend. Fertility is such a gift.

Julie said...

What heartache your friend must be feeling. I cried when I read your post. My heart hurts for her.

I will definitely pray for her and her family.

Kelli said...

Please let your friend know we are standing with her. I had 8 miscarriages, but at no more than 12 weeks. There was a book by Jack Hayford called "I'll Hold You In Heaven" that I was eventually able to read. I read it every single time.

Bless her heart. We will be praying.

Btw- you have email.

Robin Green said...

This made me sad too. What a very painful loss for them. I will pray for her especially.

Jessica said...

wow. I know too many similar stories and the heart ache of infertility alone is awful but to add a loss, or 3 losses is such a hard thing.
I will be praying for your friend.