July 16, 2007

Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies

I had planned to fix these for our monthly birthday lunch at work but figured I better try them out first. I fixed them yesterday and, boy, were they good!! I think my husband used the word "extraodinary"! However, I highly recommend using gloves when fixing them. I didn't use gloves but washed my hands afterwards. However, even after washing my hands, I touched my face and "OH MY WORD"--my face was on fire!!!!! My hands burned all night long!!!!! WOW! I actually had a paper towel with ice inside lying on my face!! To sum it up: USE GLOVES!

Ok, on to the recipe!

BACON-WRAPPED JALAPENO THINGIES

Fresh jalapenos, 2-3 inches in size

Cream cheese, softened

Thin (regular) bacon, sliced into thirds

Cut jalapenos in half, length-wise. With a spoon, remove the seeds and white stuff (leave a little white stuff if you want it HOT). Smear cream cheese into each jalapeno half. Wrap jalapeno with bacon. Secure with toothpick. (You can freeze them at this point, if you like).

Bake (I put them on a cookie sheet) at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. You don't want the bacon to shrink so much that it starts to squeeze the jalapeno. If the bacon isn't brown enough after 25 minutes, broil them for a couple of minutes.


Recipe and picture from http://www.thepioneerwomancooks.com/


post signature

8 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

I saw this at pioneer woman & thought they looked good, but I wondered too about handling the peppers! I've had that same thing happen before!

Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah! Always wear gloves when working with any type of hot pepper, LOL. You poor thing, LOL!

Jenny said...

He,he!! I can just see that!! I'm so sorry your face was burning, but at least I know where to come for lunch!! :) Those do sound very good!

Annie said...

I saw those too! They sound so yummy! good to hear a review too.

Robin Green said...

I've got some in the oven this very minute. N. had given me a bunch of jalopenos--and I didn't know what to do with them--I happened to have the other stuff. I'm getting ready to take them to B at work. He'll be surprised. Hope he's not flying at the moment...

Robin Green said...

Oh--and I got about half my hair cut off today--wait til you see.

Sonya said...

I saw this at PW's blog too! I wanted to make them but was afraid to try them before others did. I'm glad you liked them and now you've given me to push I needed to try them!

Anonymous said...

I want to try these as well, especially after hearing both your's and Jenna's reviews!