July 30, 2007

100 Things About Me!

It's my 100th post!!!

1. I am a believer.

2. I was saved at a young age.

3. I met my husband at church camp.

4. I met him when I was 17.

5. He was 21.

6. I married when I was 19.

7. He was 23.

8. We were married in Greenwood, MS.

9. My anniversary is August 1st.

10. We will be married 9 years this year.

11. My birthday is March 2nd.

12. I am short--5'3''.

13. My husband is tall--6'2".

14. I live in the DEEP South.

15. We were raised in Pentecostal churches.

16. We attend an Assembly of God church.

17. I am a speech therapist.

18. I work with children and adults and like my job very much.

19. I found that having children gave me much more compassion for my patients.

20. I have 2 daughters.

21. My oldest was born with a hemangioma on her nasal tip.

22. She has undergone many laser treatments and one big surgery to correct it.

23. She still has some abnormal coloration.

24. It is 300 times better than it was.

25. She still has more treatments ahead.

26. I lived in Memphis, TN for 8 years.

27. I never went to Graceland.

28. I did sign the wall in front of Graceland.

29. I use to live just a few miles from Jerry Lee Lewis.

30. I use to play in the band in Jr. High and High School.

31. I played the saxophone.

32. I don't play it anymore.

33. I played softball most of my life and also played in high school.

34. I love to play softball.

35. I never learned how to play fast pitch softball (but I wish I had).

36. I play the piano a little.

37. I like to sing and use to sing at church.

38. I thought about doing it again but I don't like to be in front of people (even in a group).

39. I always got really nervous before going on stage.

40. I am an only child.

41. I always wanted a brother/sister but being an only child has its perks, too.

42. I will be glad when my husband finishes graduate school.

43. I love going to the mountains--Pigeon Forge, TN is one of my favorite places to go.

44. My husband and I want to travel one day.

45. I really love my husband.

46. I think he's hot!!!!;)

47. I love diet coke.

48. I love chocolate.

49. I love to shop.

50. I drive a Honda Accord.

51. I live close to most of my immediate family.

52. My whole family prayed that we would live close to each other for 8 long years.

53. When it happened, I considered it a miracle from God.

54. My favorite book is "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers.

55. I love recipe books.

56. I get this from my mother. She collects recipe books.

57. The name of my blog, Grace & Hope, are combined parts of names of people in my family.

58. I had gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy.

59. Since then, I have quit drinking anything containing sugar.

60. I have trouble cutting sweets from my diet.

62. I have a serious sweet tooth.

63. I love to go to the movies!

64. My husband go to the movies any chance we get!

65. The last movies we saw were Transformers and Oceans 13--both in the same night!

66. Right now, my favorite place to eat is a local restaurant in our hometown and I love their Asian Chicken Salad.

67. I eat most things plain.

68. Sonic is my favorite fast food place to get a hamburger!

69. I am IRL friends with Jenny and Jenna.

70. My husband is also wonderful friends with their husbands and my oldest thinks they all hung the moon.

71. The hubs and I had dinner with Jenny and her husband last night. You can read about it here.

72. I work at Baptist Memorial Hospital .

73. I love my job!

74. I want more children.

75. I've always said that I wanted 4 children. I have 2 now and we'll see how 3 goes.

76. I like to send packages to soldiers overseas who are fighting in the war.

77. I (and my husband) correspond with one and send him boxes of goodies as often as we can.

78. I don't watch much TV.

79. I don't like how it consumes me.

80. If I let myself, I could watch hours of TV at a time.

81. I find that I'm much more productive and don't struggle as much with negative thoughts when I don't watch TV.

82. However, I do see more than my fair share of Veggie Tales, Elmo, Doodlebops and Barney!

83. I like to exercise while listening to my IPOD but I don't get to much right now.

84. I am trying to change this!

85. I have a dog named Molly (a jack russell mix).

86. I found her at Walmart.

87. I have a cat named Sox.

88. I named him Sox because he is gray except for his white feet.

89. I LOVE Christmas!!

90. I will be spending the Christmas holiday with my entire family in the Smoky Mountains!

91. I love the snow but we don't get it much here in the deep South.

92. I would love to be a SAHM one day.

93. I have to keep working until we are through correcting my oldest daughter's nasal tip hemangioma due to insurance reasons.

94. I don't mind working. The Lord has blessed me to only have to work 3 days a week to keep us on that insurance.

95. I will be married 9 years on Wednesday! UH-OH, I think I've already said this. I'm running out of things to say!!:)

96. I would marry my husband all over again!

97. I love to cook.

98. I have missed out on meeting some blogging friends.

99. I would really like to meet you someday!

100. I am blessed to have a wonderful Savior, fantastic family, and great friends!


post signature

9 comments:

Robin Green said...

You made it! This is a great list, but there is one problem---it made me miss you! I'm just a little jealous that your hubby is having lunch with my hubby at this very moment! Perhaps we could remedy this problem soon?

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Yeah, what a wonderful post! I always love these and yours was especially fun to read :)

Anonymous said...

So fun to read! I was also married at 19 ... the first time, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 100th post, and Happy Anniversary two days early! I also drive an Accord and eat most things plain. This used to drive my dad crazy when I was a child and we went out to eat! :)

Annie said...

Great post!
Loved learning so many great things about you! I also love that book (redeeming love)...
Can't wait for the next 100 posts from you.

Jenny said...

Gosh!! I didn't realize it was time for your list!! You didn't give me any warning last night!! :)I enjoyed reading it. I forgot, if I ever knew it, that you played in the band. And I'm so proud of you: you put some more personal things about you out there, even if I am the only one (of two) who caught it. :)

Kelli said...

Congrats- that's a milestone!

When you get a chance, please email your snail mail address. You won a prize at my blog last week! I'd love to get it off to you soon :)

Rochelle said...

Congrats on your 100th!! And I like your list! You have a beautiful story!

Jessica said...

Awww really enjoyed this. :)
Too bad we don't live in the same are, you coulda been ME's speech therapist hehe