July 3, 2007

Molly


The Lord has answered a prayer for me. I know that not all people are animal lovers, but I am. We have had our dog, Molly, for about 8 years now. The hubs and I found her at Walmart early in our marriage. In fact, my husband wasn't too thrilled to take her home. Especially when she jumped in his lap in our car and leaked milk all over his pants. (She had obviously been dropped off after having puppies). I don't get to spend as much time with her as I use to, but I love her nonetheless.

She went missing about 3 days ago. My husband left our fence gate open and she escaped. She's done this before but has always come back. My husband printed fliers and posted them around the subdivision and has driven around calling her for the last 3 days. Tonight, he went to the Humane Society and actually found her there.

I wasn't a good owner and did not have a collar on her. Anyway, they won't release her to us until we show them a picture of her to prove that she is ours. That's ok. I have one and we will go get her on Thursday. (They are closed tomorrow).

I've been praying that the Lord would help us find her. I actually fell asleep praying for that last night ! I'm so thankful the my Lord answers prayers. He even cares about the stuff that some people would think as foolish! He knows MY heart and cares for MY hurts. He is a good God!!



post signature

14 comments:

Robin Green said...

You have such a sweet heart, and I'm so glad you found her. Now, go out and get her a collar--right this minute! Happy 4th--wanna come for ice-cream--we're making yours!

Anonymous said...

Awww, I'm so glad you found Molly! I know you'll be glad when Thursday gets here! She's gonna be so happy to be home!

gail@more than a song said...

Yay, so glad y'all found her! That is hard to lose a pet like that.
Yep, I say get a collar for her too.

Annie said...

I'm glad for you too!
I love that God cares for us so much, even our pets. He is a good God!

Robin Green said...

you've been awarded

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you found her! I am sure she will be so happy to be home!

Jessica said...

Awwwww so glad you found her and she's gonna be home tomorrow!

Jenny said...

Oh, I'm so glad you found her! I just knew when I started reading this was going to be a sad story, but I'm glad it wasn't!! Did you go to Jenna's last night?

Jenny said...

Oh, and I love that pic of dd1 with Molly!! How giving is she to let Molly have a sip in her sippy cup??!! :)

Oldqueen44 said...

Since we have been very familiar with missing dog days, I know that sick feeling of constantly wondering where they are. I am glad you found her. We have a wonderful shelter here.

Anonymous said...

Amen! I am glad you found her. God is good ALL the time!:P

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Aww, I'm so glad you guys found her and that she's ok. I bet she won't run away again soon, but I'd put a collar with a tag on her nonetheless :)

Monkey Giggles said...

I know they are just animals...But I would feel the same way if I lost one of my doggie's. They are a big part of our family. They become like a kid. I am so happy you found her. Did she get lots of doggie treats when she got home? haha

Sonya said...

Awww, I bet you can't wait to get her back! I'm thrilled you found her. I am a HUGE dog and cat lover and it was just kill me to lose one of them!