March 25, 2007

Weekend Reflection

I just started my blog and am learning as I go. I've read "Weekend Reflection" on my friend, JennaG's, blog and decided to learn more about it. I think it's suppose to be done on Saturday but I just learned so I'm gonna do it on Sunday this time. I figure I can do it this once since I'm an amateur. I had a good week. It was rushed and somewhat stressful but it could have been much worse.
  • Monday--I worked this day. I usually only work on T, W, Th but needed to make up a day due to the trip I was taking on Wednesday. I am a speech therapist and work at a hospital somewhere in the south!:)

  • Tuesday--I worked again as it was my usual day. I treat children and adults. Everyday I see patients with different difficulties and I am reminded of how blessed I am that my family is healthy.

  • Wednesday--I began a trip to Little Rock, AR. My sister-in-law took this trip with me.

  • Thursday--My oldest daughter had an appointment at Arkansas Children's hospital for a laser treatment (explanantion in first blog). Our appointment was not until 5pm and she was not allowed to eat all day until her treatment. Today was probably the most stressful. We spent the night in Southaven, MS to break up our trip.

  • Friday--We drove home and were very thankful to be back in our own beds.

  • Saturday--I spent the day shopping at Sam's and preparing for our week ahead. Let me just mention that I love shopping at Sam's. (Or as my 2 year old says, "The Sam's")

Everytime I take my daughter to Arkansas Children's Hospital, we walk by the ICU, Burn Center, Cancer Center, etc., and I have no choice but to thank God that we are not in those situations. I also pray for those precious children and their families that are going through such a difficult time.


I hope everyone has a wonderful week ahead!



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Welcome to blogging! You had a busy week! We have a family at church whose daughter was treated in AR for a problem similar to your daughter's (hers was on her nose, but right next to her eye). I am so glad the treatment has been successful for your daughter, and it is wonderful that you are giving thanks in all circumstances. Nice to meet you!

Sonya said...

Welcome to blog land! Glad to have you! Thank you for sharing your daughter's medical condition. I've seen this before but didn't know what it was. Very interesting. I pray that God will continue to bless you and that you will continue to grow in Him.

Annie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog I really appreciate your prayers for refreshment.
You mentioned that you walk by the ICU and thank God you are not in that situation. I did the same thing prior to Izzy's near drowning accident. It is amazing how that place changes your life.
I hope your week is blessed.
Annie
My Life as Annie!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging and Weekend Reflection! It is very nice to meet you. You seem like such a sweet spirit. My son was in NICU for 72 days due to prematurity. It DEFINITELY changes you. My son had a massive hemangioma on his shoulder and another one on his back. You can read about it at Gus' Gang (linked on my blog). His name is Grayson. I totally know what you are going through on that. I will be in prayer for you and your family. Your daughters are precious. :) Hope you have a good week this week!

Robin Green said...

Isn't this fun? Watch out,girl, you'll be soon be addicted like the rest of us!

Overwhelmed! said...

Congrats on just starting your blog! Next month, I will have been blogging for a year! Time flies when you're having fun. :)

Glad you had a good week, this week.

Robin Green said...

You have been tagged--come check it out!

Jenny said...

:0
This is so addicting...like we needed something else!!

I'm glad we started together; it's just like linking arms going to try on swim suits!!! We will make it! And we'll look good, whatever size we get.

Mike said...

Welcome to the addicting world of blogging. :)

Have fun.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/