March 26, 2007

A Recipe for You

I have loved reading everyone's Menu Planning Monday! However, I'm not sure that I'm organized enough to participate yet. If you notice on my previous blog, I ate Bran Flakes for supper. :) You see, I work an hour away from home right now (on T, W, Th) so by the time I get home, we don't really get to eat dinner together on those nights. So, I thought if nothing else, I could share a recipe with you that I plan on getting around to cook sometime during the following week. Tonight, I cooked the following for our lunch tomorrow. It is one of my husband's favorites! I hope you enjoy it, too!

Chicken Breasts Smothered in Tomatoes and Mozarella

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 cup chopped onions
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
1 can (14 ounces) Italian-style stewed tomatoes (I actually use more)
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese

Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook about 3 1/2 minutes per side or until no longer pink in the center. Transfer to plate; cover and keep warm. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in same skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Return chicken to skillet, spooning onion and tomato mixture over chicken. Sprinkle cheese over top. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat until cheese is melted.

* I actually didn't put cheese on ours tonight and it was still really good.

God Bless!!

5 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

Yummy! This sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing. :)

Jenny said...

Hey, that does sound good, and how come you've never shared that one before? I'm with JennaG: Ahem!!!

Annie said...

This looks delicious, I'll have to give it a try.
blessings~
Annie
My Life as Annie!

Kerri said...

This sounds great... I will have to try it. Thanks for visiting my blog... looks like you are doing a great job with yours!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm! Sounds good! I've done something like this but with peppers and onions, as well.