September 10, 2007

This & That

Today has been a little frustrating for me. I enjoyed having my girls with me all day but I'm so tired of being sick. I've been having hot flashes all day, I'm clammy and I can't quit coughing. I'm not running fever--just feeling yucky. I enjoyed getting out by myself to go pick up Mexican food for our supper. I turned on our Christian radio station and it really lifted my spirits! I don't get much time alone, but when I do escape in my car by myself, I enjoy some good worship time.

My husband's birthday party was really fun! We enjoyed good times with friends and family. I'm including some pictures but they didn't turn out so well for some reason.
My husband and oldest blowing out the birthday candles! My husband requested a strawberry cake that my mom makes! It is absolutely wonderful! I have posted the recipe on my food blog in case you want to try it!

Opening some much appreciated cash for his birthday!

Opening a gag gift from Jenny and dh . The name of the book is "Walter the Farting Dog". There is an ongoing joke amongst our friends re: my husband's ***ahem*** digestive system. ***ahem***

Jenny smiling for the camera!


From left to right: Jenny, dh, my husband and JennaG . JennaG tried quite hard to avoid pictures but was ultimately unsuccessful!!:)

From left to right: my youngest, my SIL and JennaG's husband, B.

A very fuzzy picture of Jenny's dh and my husband enjoying some football and homemade ice cream.
My gift to my husband....2 football tickets to the Alabama vs. Arkansas football game next Saturday! We're really looking forward to that!!

post signature

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness. You poor thing. I sure hope you feel better soon.

Loved the pictures! LOL! Good job at sticking one of Jenna in there. She thought she could hide, bwhahahaha! LOL!

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. I hope you feel tons better soon :)

Looks like he had a great birthday and everyone had fun. Loved the pictures! That's a cute cake in the first picture, and I love what you gave him - great idea on the tickets!

Take care and feel better soon :)

gail@more than a song said...

I hope you're better now!
Looks like a good time was had by all. That Jenny, what a silly girl!
I think I've made that strawberry cake before; my daughter that lives over where you are wants strawberry for her birthday EVERY year! And her birthday is next month so need to see about it for her. She's had a hard time getting tickets this year, good job on getting some for hubby.

Corrie said...

What great pictures! Sounds like a fun party! Hope you feel better soon!

Annie said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you are feeling sick! I really hope you feel better quickly.
The pictures were fun to see, thank you so much for sharing them.
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’ * Annie *

Jenny said...

what a fun time!! and that cake...yummy! I could have some more today.
I hope you're back at work today feeling better.

Anonymous said...

What fun! I hope you will be feeling all the way better for the game!

Rochelle said...

I hate being sick! I hope you are feeling better. And the birthday party sounds like a lot of fun. Have fun on Saturday!!

Julie said...

The strawberry cake sounds wonderful.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Blessings,
Julie