June 12, 2007

Toddler Talk

Here are a few conversations that have taken place around our house lately:


Oldest: Mommy, Daddy said a bad word.

Mommy: He did? What did he say?

Oldest: Daddy said "Golly". That's a big no-no!!


**********************************************

Mommy: I think "youngest daughter" has a poopy diaper.

Oldest: Shoo-wee, she's stinky.

Mommy (to youngest daughter): My goodness, that's gross. Where did that come from?

Oldest: It came from her diaper.


**********************************************

Oldest: Ouch! My booty hurts.

Mommy: Your bottom hurts?

Oldest: Yes m'am. Kiss it!


**********************************************

Daddy: (While on vacation--pulling into Burger King drive-thru): What do you want to eat?



Oldest: I want a milkshake.



Daddy: Do you want chocolate or vanilla?



Oldest: I want banilla (Translation: I want vanilla)



Daddy: You want vanilla?



Oldest: No, I want a green milkshake.



Daddy: A green milkshake?



**At this point, we see that she's looking at the green ICEE (cherry limeade flavor) on the menu. Of course, she got a "green milkshake"!:)

****************************************************

Oldest (While on vacation): Mommy, I love going on alacation. (Translation: I love going on vacation.)

****************************************************


post signature

11 comments:

Monkey Giggles said...

What great memories

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! You have me giggling over here. Don't ya just love those precious conversations?! These are things to write down (or blog about, LOL) and show them when they're older! Thanks for the smiles tonight!

Anonymous said...

How cute are they.....

Karen Hossink said...

Golly! I'm left wondering if you kissed her booty?!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I loved the kiss my bottom one!

Annie said...

I love listening to the kids talk, even the older ones... so interesting what is on their little minds.

The book is called Devotions for Dieters - A 180 day guide to a lighter you by Dan R. Dick

I was telling Matt this morning I didn't think about it being 180 days when I started posting them :o)... maybe I'll do them until people get tired of seeing them.

I got it at our local Mardels Christian bookstore.

Sonya said...

Very cute! The green milkshake is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

How funny! I love those kinds of memories. :)

Corrie said...

Those are really cute!

Jenileigh said...

Out of the mouths of babes! Their words are precious! I so enjoyed this!

Praise and Coffee said...

I LOVE the green milkshakes too
! Cute words.