June 15, 2007

Weekend Reflection


I hope everyone is doing well! I haven't been able to blog near as much as I would have liked to lately! I've been working some extra days as well as spending a lot of time with my parents since they have moved closer to us! We are definetly enjoying their company!
The Lord continues to bless our family greatly!
  • Monday--I worked today which is not a usual work day for me. My boss (who is also a speech therapist) has been in Disneyworld this week. I've been to Disneyworld a couple times and loved it! I'm hoping she had a great time!
  • Tuesday--Work day! I went out to eat lunch with my co-workers and I enjoyed that!
  • Wednesday--Work day! I stayed at my parents house with my girls so I could take them to our home church. We stay so busy with my husband's school and my traveling with work that it's been hard for us to get very involved in a church where we live. Instead, it's easier for me to spend the night and go to our home church. My oldest daughter is getting to the age that I want her to know that church is part of our life and that she can expect to be there as often as possible. She has enjoyed going to her "big girl class"!
  • Thursday--Work day! My heart was broken today as I talked with a mother of one of my patients. She is 26 y/o and has already dealt with Ovarian cancer in her past. She stated that she originally found out about her cancer because she quit having a monthly cycle. She has, again, quit having her monthly cycle (she has already tested to make sure she isn't expecting and knows that she is not). Her eyes just filled with tears as she was explaining her symptoms to me. She has two small children, one with special needs. However, she has no medical insurance (she has applied and been denied) and is financially strained to self-pay a doctor. I have been thinking about and praying for her since I talked to her. I've got the number to the Good Samaritan Clinic in our town who provides health care for persons without insurance. I'm hoping they can help her. Please help me in praying for her! I want God to consume her (I don't believe that she has a true relationship with Him). I want Him to reveal Himself to her whether that be through me or through another way! On top of feeling burdened, this was a stressful day for me. I had difficulty with child care for my girls and found myself trying to balance work and finding someone to watch them for me. Coach Jenny helped me out by keeping the girls at her house for a couple of hours. We ended up trading vehicles for that time. When I got in her vehicle, the Lord had the perfect song waiting for me to calm my mind and renew my spirit. It was "Listen to Our Hearts" by Geoff Moore and Steven Curtis Chapman. On Thursday night, we had a wonderful dinner with Coach Jenny and her husband, dh. It was the perfect night and the Lord knew I needed that.
  • Friday--I ended up having to go into work for a few hours to finish paperwork that I was too busy to do during my usual work days, but it was ok. I didn't mind. We gave my dad and husband their Father's Day presents today since the rest of the weekend will be busy. Part of their presents were photo albums that I made on Shutterfly. I customized them with photos of them with the girls. They turned out really great so go check out this website if you haven't already!

We're going to spend the rest of the weekend spending time with family and going to the Lord's House on Sunday! I hope all of you have a blessed weekend!

For more Weekend Reflections, visit Judi at Mommy of Two.

post signature

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just so sad. My heart goes out to that lady. I hope the number you give her is able to help. She sounds like she really has her hands full now and needs to be lifted up. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Y'all enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Annie said...

I'm feeding Iz, so I am going to come back later to read your WR, but I just wanted to ask if you would let me send you a book if I find one when I'm in Edmond Monday (when I take Iz to bear) ... I'll be going by that Christian bookstore and this was very inexpensive. Let me know.

Sonya said...

Sounds like a busy and full week! Glad you are spending lots of time with your folks. I'll be praying for the lady you mentioned and I hope that the clinic will be able to help her. You know that she has to have so many burdens tugging at her heart. I'm glad you are able to show her the love of Christ and pray that she will come to know Him as you do.

Karen Hossink said...

I love that you recognized God caring for you through Coach Jenny.
I've heard the term "grace with faces" used to describe how God uses people to be His hands and feet. Glad you've had some grace with faces around you!

Corrie said...

Sounds like a full week. I'll be praying for the young lady!

Annie said...

I'm back!
Wow, sounds like you had a really hectic week. I'll add the young woman to my prayers, I can't imagine dealing with all that without God.
I made those photo books for mother's day. They were a big hit! I ordered photo coffee mugs this time & got chocolate covered cashews for dad... all his favorites, chocolate, coffee & cashews. Jenny is a sweetheart, you two are blessed to have each other (and Jenna of course).
Have a great weekend and I'll comment Monday and let you know about the book.
♥~annie

Anonymous said...

How sad. I can't believe how much our loved ones go through some horrific trials. Makes me glad I have the plate of trials I have. Your are a great friend for praying for them. Have they applied for charity care or something? I hope someone can help them!

Jenny said...

Hearing about that woman makes me so sad...I really pray that she can get the monies she needs...more importantly, I join all of you in praying for her relationship with the Lord.

Anonymous said...

So sad about that young woman. I have such a heavy heart for situations like hers. I will be praying. You really sound like such a wonderful person. I am glad that you shared how God ministered to you in exactly the way you needed! I hope you have a great week to come.

Anonymous said...

I feel so sad for the woman you mentioned. I will pray for her! Thanks for sharing her story with us.

Annie said...

I got the book today!
Where shall I send it?