September 16, 2008

Go to sleep, Go to sleep little baby...

I'm learning to survive on less and less sleep. Shelbe is now 4 weeks old and has been doing better with sleeping through the night...until last night. We had been without internet for about a month and just got it hooked up in our new house. Having gone through withdrawls, I was very excited to be able to check my e-mail, news and blogs. I was so excited that I stayed up until 1:00 am. When I went to bed, Shelbe started to wake up. I was glad of this since I was already awake. I planned on feeding her and then getting a good 3-4 hours of sleep in a row. However, Shelbe had other plans. She stayed awake until 5:30 this morning.

This is the part that is difficult for me with having a newborn. It sure does make up for it when they look at you with those sweet eyes and lay their head on your chest when your rocking them in the early morning hours.

I could have a dozen more just like her. :)


post signature

7 comments:

Sonya said...

I remember those days! I remember being so tired some days and thought I'd never make it through. It's all worth it though!

Anonymous said...

I love those newborn days and nights. The first baby was miserable because you didn't realize how short that time was... but the next ones were all precious moments.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the birth of Shelbe! So glad to hear from you!

I know those first days can be so tough, especially when you have other little ones to care for during the day. I hope things will smooth out quickly. Just because you love them more than life doesn't mean you can function on no sleep!

Joyfull said...

Congratulations on the new baby. She is beautiful! Those newborn days can be challenging, but so precious.

gail@more than a song said...

No sleep is one of the worst parts in the beginning...hope it gets better soon!

Oldqueen44 said...

Congrats on the new treasure in your home. Their sweetness does make it all worth it.
You probably better choose sleep over blogging for a while. Ha Ha, good luck.

Jenileigh said...

I remember those nights and am so looking forward to them again, I pray I get to.

Enjoy little Shelbe, she is a doll!