December 20, 2007

AWOL

I'm writing a very long, overdue post! I've just been overwhelmed! Honestly, posting has just been one more thing I have had on my long list of things to do and it's just had to take a back seat while my husband was wrapping up school. My husband has finally graduated & taken boards so I am going to make a great effort to do better! This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that my friend, Jenna, has made me feel guilty on a couple occasions!:)

We just got back from Marietta, GA where my husband took his boards. It will take 1-3 weeks to get the results. Despite the waiting, we are still relieved that it's over. That was the last hurdle to get past. Here are a couple of pictures of my husband after receiving his Master's Degree in Nurse Anesthesia.

The first two pictures are of my hubby & me, hubby and his mom. This picture below is a picture of all of us at Jim N Nick's after graduation. If you look closely, you can see Jenny's family. We made a very special announcement to everyone while at the restaurant. Keep reading below to find out the announcement.We are leaving this Saturday going to the Smoky Mountains. Our entire family has rented a cabin and we are spending the holidays in the mountains! We are all very excited!


Another bit of exciting news in our family....we will be having another addition to our family in August! We found out a couple of weeks ago that we are expecting another baby! I'm still very early (around 4 weeks) and have not been to the doctor yet. My first appointment will be January 24th. Speaking of children, I thought I'd post a couple recent pics of my sweet daughters.

Here is my oldest ready for church!
Here is my youngest...yes, that is macaroni and cheese up her nose!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, blessed Christmas!

post signature

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay! I'm glad you told the bloggy world so now we can all talk about it :) --the baby, that is.
Dh asked me if we'd heard anything from you guys today, and we're both so happy that he's taken that test and you're back home. Now we can all wait for the wonderful news that he passed :)
Enjoy your trip--we'll miss you and think of you often.
Merry Christmas! Eat lots of chocolate while you're gone ;)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh my goodness at all the wonderful news! Congrats to your husband, and congrats to your whole family on the new addition! Have a great time in the mountains. We've been up there just about every other time of year except at the holidays, I bet it's awesome :)

Merry Christmas!

Annie said...

Wow, so much good stuff happening in your life! Congratulations on all the great things! A new baby... so exciting!
Merry Christmas!
love,
Annie

Robin Green said...

It's about stinkin' time woman!! You know that we are so very excited about this new little one. I'm looking forward to August. Merry Christmas, friend!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a wonderful milestone for your entire family!

Jenileigh said...

Oh Mandalyn, I've missed you! Congratulations to your husband and to you both on the new addition! Praise God! I'm so happy for you!!

Merry Christmas to you all and may God bless you richly. I look forward to hearing about your trip and seeing pictures.

Julie said...

So glad you posted. Congratulations to your hubby.

gail@more than a song said...

Yay for your news! That's very exciting, as is hubby's graduation...I hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend. Merry Christmas!

Rochelle said...

Okay... don't laugh at me!! But this post made me bawl!! I just can't wait to be wearing a cap and gown one day! Will I ever finish!!? LOL!! And I have missed your posts. I haven't had a whole lot of time to post myself, but I still read to unwind. :) And congrats on ALL the great and exciting things happening in your life! Especially your new addition coming soon!

Julie said...

I had to comment again on this post because the first time I missed your announcement about the baby. Congratulations!!! That is just wonderful.