November 12, 2007

Time Alone This Weekend

My mother blessed my husband and I with a weekend alone. My dad was gone hunting so my mother came to our house, kept our girls and let us have their house to spend the weekend together! We went to see Dan in Real Life. It was funny! The next day, we went to our friends' house to watch the Alabama vs. Mississippi State game and play corn hole. That night we watched The Ultimate Gift. What a great movie! I recommend everyone rent it!! We went to church the next day and then to lunch with more friends! We had a great time visiting with everyone and also enjoying some quiet time together!! Thanks, Mama!!:)

post signature

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds WONDERFUL! Glad you had some time together!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Yeah for grandma's, they're the best, huh?! Sounds like a really good weekend. We rented "Ultimate Gift" a few weeks ago and really liked it also. We also got "I Am David" soon after that and liked it too. :)

Hope you guys have a terrific week!

Anonymous said...

sounds fun! i wish i could get like. lol

Julie said...

What a sweet mama you have to give you that time together. If I can get just one weekend away a year I feel totally rejuvinated and like I had a two week vacation. Hope you feel the same way.

julie

Anonymous said...

The Ultimate Gift? I should watch that.

Can I borrow your mom? :)


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

http://www.mikeleonen.com/

Jenny said...

I can hear the fight song now..."Go State, Go State!!"
:) I so enjoyed it! And, I'm not just talking about the football game!

Corrie said...

That is awesome! What a great mom!

Oldqueen44 said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I have enjoyed this first year of blogging and dropping by yours from time to time. So on this wonderful Thanksgiving day, I give thanks for you as one of my many blessings.

gail@more than a song said...

I've heard from several people that liked the Dan movie, looking forward to it!