March 7, 2017

17 Days Post Op


I'm starting to feel like I am on my way to recovery. I still have a constant aching in my left side of my bottom from the hip joint. I'm trying to cut back on the pain meds but use them as needed. Softer things are easier to sit on as opposed to firmer things. I never get completely comfortable and move from my bed to the living room chair. I'm still using the elevated toilet seat as its softer than the regular toilet seats. I, still, continue to use the shower seat as well.

My doctor took me off my hard core meds and left me with some weak stuff. :) I'm still having nerve pain run through my calf. The morning time is when I struggle most as I feel stiff from laying down all night.

My biggest struggle right now is mental. Having already struggled with depression in the past, I know the signs and symptoms when they begin. I always thought that staying home for a few weeks to just chill, watch TV and read books would be great. I'm learning that it is great only if you have the freedom to do other things as you please as well. I'm unable to go outside by myself right now due to not having a chair I can easily sit on but I'm working on that. I'm unable to drive due to still taking narcotics but, also, being unsure of getting in and out of vehicle to use a wheelchair. I dread living the next 9 weeks like this until I can weight bear on my operative leg. I've begun reading the Bible as that will bring hope and comfort. I told the Lord that I would learn whatever He wants to teach me and I know He can speak to me through reading His Word as well as through life.

I have started to get out more recently. My mom took me to the girls' school for Savannah's cheer uniform fitting. Joseph and I also went to a movie! I'm still uncomfortable and have to adjust and move a lot to keep pressure of that left butt cheek. It feels good to get out though!

We have been supernaturally blessed by all the meals. Our friend, Kaleena, set up a meal train on takethemameal.com and we have had meals coming since February 19th and the continue until April 2nd. I had a hard time receiving that and was actually embarrassed by that many meals thinking people would see us a "needy" and that that was too much. However, someone reminded me that I have cooked meals for people for years and that we are "reaping what we have sown". That's one thing I'm learning on the journey....to receive and let the Lord use others' giving to bless them.
post signature

No comments: