January 3, 2017

Family Update


(Left to Right) Savannah (11), Sadie (6), Sarah (10) & Shelbe (8)
Last time I was blogging, Joseph and I only had 2 girls....toddlers at the time. Since then, we have moved on to 4 girls! Yes, 4--they weren't all planned and we had them really close together (they are all less than 2 years apart) but they are all wonderful and so much fun! Its amazing how they can all be so different, in looks and personality.

Our oldest is Savannah. She's almost 12 and is incredibly strong and determined. There's quite a bit of attitude these days when it comes to her but I'm so encouraged because I know God is going to reign that in towards doing great things for His kingdom! She will be a great leader in God's time. She's a smart girl and school comes very easy for her. Areas that don't come very easily for her at this time include getting along with her sisters, knowing when to listen rather than talk, and feeling mercy for others. She has a very compassionate heart though and can, at times, be very considerate. I can see such growth in her these days.

Next, is Sarah who is 10. Sarah has the sweetest spirit of all my girls. She is very sensitive to other people's needs and feelings. She is also our rule follower and expects that everyone else should follow the rules as well. School is a little more of a challenge for Sarah but because of that, she has had to develop very disciplined study habits. I believe Sarah is the one that will be the most sensitive to the Holy Spirit and His moving. She's intuitive and senses things in people and her surroundings. I think she's the most likely to stay close to home as she grows as well, but, who knows.

Shelbe is our free spirit. She is 8 years old and if she was allowed, she would be naked.....all the time. Shelbe is not afraid to be in a crowd and not know anyone. Her comment is, "It's ok. I'll make friends. I just walk up to people and say, Hey! Wanna be my friend?" I love that about her! She's also unafraid to be alone. She can play by herself for hours. Shelbe will be the one that will be unafraid to leave home and go somewhere for the Lord. She also finds happiness in all situations and is not scared of anything.

Sadie is the youngest and is 6. We all thought she was so cute when she was little that we all catered to her. It was cute until she turned into a monster and we had to quit treating her like the princess she thought she was. :) Sadie is a giver, always finding ways to help people. She's always making a craft or drawing a picture to give someone. Her middle name perfectly describes her character....JOY! She wants everyone to be happy and to have everything they need and she is happy to be the giver of all those things. The Lord will use her to bring joy and smiles and happiness wherever she is because He made her a giver.

I may have all of this all wrong. They may all end up in different roles and doing different things than I imagine. This is just what I see in them now. It's so fun to imagine the things the Lord is going to do in their lives as they grow and learn to serve Him. I'm so thankful for these girls. They bring me happiness and purpose. I love being their mom!

No comments: